Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2024, 01:46:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Grandt Payara Series Rods introduced online limited special SALE prices

Started by djkimmel, August 12, 2012, 08:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Grandt Payara Featherweight Series graphic fishing rodsThe Payara Featherweight Series is released online with Special Low Pricing. These rods will retail in Spring of 2013 for 400.00 to 489.00 - SAVE up to $70!*

This discounted pricing will be good through the end of 2012.

*GreatLakesBass.com members receive an additional discount of 15% off special Low Pricing online. When you contact Grandt Rods, please provide your GreatLakesBass.com username.

Additional Special Pricing and NEW Items

BASS EGLASS RODS..  NEW MODEL, 7'6" 1 pc Med Heavy for DEEP CRANK BAITS, TONS OF POWER IN THIS ROD!

Composite Musky Trolling Rods under the composite trolling rods section 7'6 thru 9'0 one piece.

Also, saltwater Jigging Rods for Tuna, Butterfly Jigs and Knife Jigs - Special Price.

Musky Rods XLH70 - NEW MODELS INCLUDE 8'0, 2 in 9'0, 9'3 and 9'6  all one piece.

*All new models to members of GreatLakesBass.com will also be offered at 15% off LOW INTERNET COSTS thru the end of 2012. Call 847-577-0848 and tell Jim Grandt your GreatLakesBass.com username.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Also, watch out for special 30th Anniversay Rods from Grandt Rods during the 2013 show season.

MORE KEVLAR, more Titanium in the back section with translucent finish.

Limited Number made and will only be available through purchase at the outdoor shows. THESE WILL BE VERY SPECIAL.

Grandt Rods has the increased hoop strength manufacturing, Titanium rear section, but with twice the KV in their Payara series which has been their best selling rod series of all time already.

Again these will be available only at the 2013 shows in limited numbers.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

I can't tell you how fantastic a rod the new Payara is. You have to use it to believe the feel of the thing. Very light, very strong and very sensitive. I carry two with me at all times. If any of you are considering one, please feel free to try one of mine out. No, they arent cheap. But when you look at the unconditional lifetime warranty, and the workmanship that goes into them, they are worth every penny.

djkimmel

US made too. Grandt Rods actually makes fishing rods for 71 other companies so you may have used rods under another label made by Grandt.

I have several models now that I really like. C10, C09 and C76M - All American Series. Very nice rods that fit my present budget at show pricing. I also use a 7'6" All American flipping stick a lot though I frog and slop fish with it a lot more than I flip with it. I haven't done a ton of flipping and pitching lately. Guess I better schedule some of that.

I do have one high end XLH70 7'6" spinning rod that the super nice Dave MadWags Wagensomer gave me a few years ago from his personal collection. You just never knew what Wags would do next. That was a really nice day.

If you're into high end rods and have the budget, I don't think you will be disappointed in the new, sharp-looking Payara rods. Right now, they are available for the best price you'll probably ever get on a rod with this level of innovation. I was impressed by the lightness and sensitivity of the models I have checked out. The anglers I know who own them say they are very tough and strong despite being so light and sensitive. That is a good combination. And you get the lifetime replacement warranty with a USA made product.

River Rat

I have the Payara 7' Hvy and use that rod more than anything. I use it primarily for a swim jig rod and it loads-up perfectly on fish. I threw a SJ thru the pads and grass in FL and it kept fish from being able to turn back into the thick stuff and get fouled-up, and it's equally great on the big smallies here. I'll have at least 2 more in the boat before the end of the year.

The rod is so light that you can cast all day long and not go home with a dead shoulder, that's always a bonus in my book.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

djkimmel

Lighter rods and reels do help make fishing easier and more enjoyable. It probably even allows a few more casts during a fishing day. KVD proved a long time ago that the more casts you make the higher your odds of putting a good catch in the boat.