Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 01:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Let the hunt begin 7/23

Started by Revtro, July 27, 2011, 11:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Unfortunately I don't have a great report because of some minor boat trouble Saturday.  I got out plenty early with my partner but at the dock, had to jump the main starting battery because it was dead.  After realizing that it would take a charge but not hold one, we decided not to venture out very far and avoid Canada.  So we didn't really get to fish where we wanted.  We went out from the dock and started looking for deep fish.  We found some good humps, bumps, and grass, but only hooked up with one Smallie that shook off.  After a little while, my partner repeated the experience when his shook off right near the boat.  These were both bigger fish.

We worked a couple of mile stretch where we kept finding rocks and humps, but never got another bite.  I put the camera down after a while and didn't see any fish on the camera, so I'm convinced we just weren't around a population of fish. 

So the hunt begins.  Every year at this time, I struggle because I haven't been very good at finding the deep main lake bass.  So my plan for the rest of this month is to only look for new main lake structure and find some of these deep bass.  I have a few areas on the Canadian side I have caught fish on before this time of year, but I don't want to fish old spots.  I want to find where the fish are right now.  So all I can think to do is get my map out and start looking for new areas. 

Wish I had a "wow we rocked em today" kind of report, but I'm hoping that once we locate some good offshore bass, I'll be able to produce a better report.  Let the hunt begin.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

I am with you on this one Rev.  This is that time of year that I struggle too.  I am going to approach this hot summer the same way.  The only other question I have is:  Are there any fish up the St. Clair River.  Usually this time of year you can get them pretty good up the river.  Just a thought.  I do want to learn more about the deeper sections of the Mile Road area.  I am going to break the map out and look for new spots too.

BD                         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

Let me know if you'll be out there in the am.  I'll be working the main lake.  I have some deep stuff I'm gonna try.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

Tomorrow I am headed to Orchard Lake in the morning. The wife's family reunion is tomorrow at her cousins house on the lake.  Soni will already be there when it starts at 2pm. Sunday I am headed to Pontiac to pre fish for next weeks Oakland County One on One. Next Sunday I will probably head to St. Clair.

BD.                  ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com