Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 09:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Introducing The West Michigan Power Pole Tour

Started by djkimmel, December 13, 2011, 09:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

NBAA News

Introducing The West Michigan Power Pole Tour

The two biggest names in Michigan bass fishing have teamed up. That's right, NBAA & BBT have teamed up to bring you "The West Michigan Power Pole Tour". The former BBT 100's are the foundation for this new NBAA tour division. Along with a great staff to run the Power Pole Tour, you need a great sponsor. The name says it all – Power Pole. Power Pole is the leader in Shallow Water Anchoring systems. NBAA couldn't be more proud to have Power Pole on board sponsoring such a great tour.

Some of the highlights from this NEW tour division include:

• FREE – 8' Power Pole Raffle at First Tournament
  • Eligible for Captains Cash *See details below
  • Thompson Center Muzzleloader Big Bass Raffle at each Event
  • $2000 First Place Based on 50 Boats

Read complete story on GreatLakesBass.com Tournament News.

View The West Michigan Power Pole Tour Flyer. More details to come.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Wonder if Lake Michigan will be open or closed.  I sent Jack an email asking that very question.

Update!

Wow, Jack got back to me in about 3 minutes.  Lake Michigan will be open to run for these tournaments.  Kind of a bummer for guys like me with smaller boats... Don will run in almost anything!!  LOL!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

fish hound

Can someone provide a payout chart for a 50 boat field?  Also,
is this an Open or is a NBAA membership required? 

Matt

djkimmel

According to the attached flyer above, you qualify for the various NBAA championships so I'm betting you have to be an NBAA member. To be sure and as far as payback, I suggest you contact Jack Horning or Russ Hirdes. Their contact information is on the attached flyer (PDF format), or in the news story.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dashforcash

Is this a Open Event I know the lake is Open but do we pay the BBT membership,NBAA Membership Im sure nbaa would never run a open. I do know that the BBT on Memorial day was always a open event. It dosn't say anything about it in the flyer I think alot of guys wouldn't be very happy to have to pay $170 plus 40 or 50 extra for a NBAA membership they sould consider putting it in there some place.

TCook

I am also interested, I need to see the payout chart what memberships I would have to pay.
FISH HARD!!!

KLAKE

NBAA is $35 bucks.

The Power Pole Tour is listed as just a regular old NBAA Division. At least on their website.

bigjc

Man,

That is a nice looking division.  If those west MI hotels weren't so expensive, I would be considering it.
LOL

TCook

Who is planning on fishing this circuit? As of now me and my partner are leaning towards WMPP but need to get a good idea on how many boats they will draw and how much of our money will be paid back. Entry into two championships is nice but the history of NBAA and BBT payouts has me very suspect. Do you guys think they will draw 50 boats or so? Anyone know what percent they will be paying back?
FISH HARD!!!

jgip087

I bet they draw about 15-20 boats.  That's all the any of the weekend divisions pull On Muskegon/White.
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

Cy

Quote from: jgip087 on January 20, 2012, 03:41:15 PM
I bet they draw about 15-20 boats.  That's all the any of the weekend divisions pull On Muskegon/White.

I think that estimate is low.  The BBT opens normally draw between 25 and 35 boats per event.  The numbers should be better with the addition of NBAA.  This is also an opportunity to breath some new life into this circuit.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

LGMOUTH

Cy is correct. In the past few years they have been right around the 30 boat mark. I know I am planning on fishing this tournament circuit and I know a few others that dont normally fish it that are going to. I think its going to be a decent turnout with decent payback. Personally I dont look at payouts. If I think Im going to have fun fishing it then I do. Thats why I fish just about everything. Especially Monday nights. ;D
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

1javelin

I would agree with you Don on the payout response, IF it was what I consider local. One team I know of will be coming from indiana, which is a little bit of a haul if you're not going to stand a chance of winning your money back. Guys fish because they love it, but broke guys love it too, so we have to be a little more particular in our choices. We may think we can make our money back for one, but winning all of them is not a reasonable gamble.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Wolverines

I know I'm fishing it....

This is an NBAA division, therefore you'll have to pay the NBAA membership.  Most guys that will fish it already fish NBAA so it's really not that big of a deal.  The only thing BBT has to do with it is Russ is the director and he's using his former "open" tournament schedule.  This is totally separate from the BBT qualifiers.

Don, does this mean we'll be seeing a Power Pole or 2 on the back of the Skeeter?   ::)
Plan Early for Fall of 2012!!!  Check out the NBAA Lake Michigan Fall Challenge:
http://www.nbaa-bass.com/pages/divisions/div_details12.php?division_id=217

LGMOUTH

Only if I can get one that will reach 12 feet deep.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

ROI Outdoors

It should definitely hit 50 on Memorial Day - no other competing tourney that day on this side of the state and the only time of the year the entire Lakeshore fishes good......Add in the fact that it is the ONLY Series that doesn't tell you where you can or cannot drive your boat and 50 on Memorial Day is almost a lock.

Payouts aren't really a factor when you consider it is the only true American series around - might as well start banning Side Imaging beacause it's not fair if you don't have one.......The whole "level the playing field by everybody competing on the same water" line is a joke.  Let's just start calling the "Open" or "Running" tourneys what they are - "Freedom" Events or "American" Style Tournaments which sounds alot better to me.  Maybe we should all just get into canoes with the same rod/reel/lure and rotate casts on certain areas so we can "level the playing field".  The most amusing thing to me is that there are all these "lakeshore" series tourneys out there but the only thing lakeshore about them is the fact that you can almost get your boat close enough to catch a glimpse of the actual Lakeshore........When in search of "fairness" all there is to find is less of it - even Alice knows not to go down that rabbit hole.

Was that a tangent, rant or both?  I'm going with both. 

Tim - are you heading to Newton again this year?  Newton Lake Winterbreak Open may be a winner......

Can't wait until 2014 when we'll have tourneys to fish in April & May up here - foreshadowing sure is fun! 
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

djkimmel

I thought they told me they were coming out with a jumbo unit this year? I had breakfast and dinner with Robert Shamblin last year courtesy of the Strickers and Hook 'N Look and asked if they would come out with a 'clear Northern water sightfishing unit' - something about 18 feet ;D and he told me to stay tuned... something big was coming out this season?

I need a 16 or 18 footer of some type. Not that I'll be buying one brand or the other any time soon...  :'(

TCook

Quote from: ROI Outdoors on January 22, 2012, 10:37:57 PM
It should definitely hit 50 on Memorial Day - no other competing tourney that day on this side of the state and the only time of the year the entire Lakeshore fishes good......Add in the fact that it is the ONLY Series that doesn't tell you where you can or cannot drive your boat and 50 on Memorial Day is almost a lock.

Payouts aren't really a factor when you consider it is the only true American series around - might as well start banning Side Imaging beacause it's not fair if you don't have one.......The whole "level the playing field by everybody competing on the same water" line is a joke.  Let's just start calling the "Open" or "Running" tourneys what they are - "Freedom" Events or "American" Style Tournaments which sounds alot better to me.  Maybe we should all just get into canoes with the same rod/reel/lure and rotate casts on certain areas so we can "level the playing field".  The most amusing thing to me is that there are all these "lakeshore" series tourneys out there but the only thing lakeshore about them is the fact that you can almost get your boat close enough to catch a glimpse of the actual Lakeshore........When in search of "fairness" all there is to find is less of it - even Alice knows not to go down that rabbit hole.

Was that a tangent, rant or both?  I'm going with both. 

Tim - are you heading to Newton again this year?  Newton Lake Winterbreak Open may be a winner......

Can't wait until 2014 when we'll have tourneys to fish in April & May up here - foreshadowing sure is fun! 

I agree not a big fan of the closed circuits which is the main we decided to give WMPP a shot this year. Can always backout if the payouts are a joke after the first event. Last I heard Cy, thedude, McCarter im assuming, skeeterman190, jason fowler, myself and a couple others not on the board were planning on going late feb early march. Prolly should start up a group message on facebook to get the ball rolling will put you on the list.
FISH HARD!!!

Wolverines

Quote from: LGMOUTH on January 22, 2012, 01:24:56 PM

:D   I figured you'd say something like that....more like 15 though.
Plan Early for Fall of 2012!!!  Check out the NBAA Lake Michigan Fall Challenge:
http://www.nbaa-bass.com/pages/divisions/div_details12.php?division_id=217

LGMOUTH

Quote from: Wolverines on January 26, 2012, 05:53:02 PM
Quote from: LGMOUTH on January 22, 2012, 01:24:56 PM

:D   I figured you'd say something like that....more like 15 though.

But when they do!!!