Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 01:49:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

NBAA Classic Patoka Lake whos going

Started by dartag, April 21, 2012, 08:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Who from here is going.  Will be down there tuesday moring.  Looking forward to 5 days of fishing with nothing else to do.

steve smith
commerce, mi

Manxfishing

I'm headed down on Sun

So were are you staying>

dartag

we will be at the convention center.  good rate and it sounds like they are set up for boats with power to plug in.  White GMC with a black and white Ranger 185. 

steve smith
commerce, mi

Victor Cerabone

I'm going to make it this year.  I'll watching for some interesting results.  ;D

Manxfishing

Yes, It should be interesting
I've yet to fish a lake with that much wood

Saw this about a tournament last month

"Hoosier Open Tournament reports 121 boats entered the tournament with catches over 23 lbs of bass to win this March tournament."

bsimpson

I'm headed down on Saturday - can't wait!!!!

I'll be staying at the Jasper Inn also.  Black Suburban, red and black Ranger, duel power poles on the back.

I went down 2 years ago and had a blast, although I did manage to stink it up in the tournament - looking to redeem myself this year!  ;D

LGMOUTH

I'll be there. Heading down to Kentucky lake Sat and Sun then heading up to Patoka. Going to be a fun week.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

VinceR

I'll be there. Heading down on Tuesday. We'll be staying at Fisherman's Village, driving a white Suburban with a white Cobra. Hope to actually fish this year.

customfishn

I'm not going >:( just don't have the time or the money this year since I would have to fish alone, my partner is a little tied up.  Its the first year I have missed a spring classic in a long time.  It sucks I had top 25 takeoffs both days.  Anyone want to buy my takeoff numbers?

Flippin222

My wife and I use this as our annual vacation (no kids), so of course we will be there. Heading down on Sunday and staying at the convention center.

Silver Dodge Ram / Silver & White Skeeter 190

Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

Lip_Ripper

;D If Vic's gonna be there, I'm not going!!!!

Jay-MadWags

Good luck to all.  For your sake I hope it doesn't rain.  I remember the last time NBAA went to Patoka.  What a wet and windy time that was.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

VinceR

Jason, there is rain in the Patoka forecast for all of next week. This is the norm. It has rained every time I've gone South (I mean REALLY rained) for a Championship.

I've come to accept it.

customfishn

Quote from: VinceR on April 25, 2012, 10:49:22 AM
Jason, there is rain in the Patoka forecast for all of next week. This is the norm. It has rained every time I've gone South (I mean REALLY rained) for a Championship.

I've come to accept it.
It cant't get as bad as it was last year at Kentucky lake, or a few years ago at the Ohio River.  But If it does you guys are screwed. 

Manxfishing

Quote from: customfishn on April 25, 2012, 04:07:51 PM

I've come to accept it.
It cant't get as bad as it was last year at Kentucky lake, or a few years ago at the Ohio River.  But If it does you guys are screwed. 

I don't know how were screwed
The fish are all ready wet, I'm sure everyone owns rian gear and a little wind allways helps with the bite
I'm thinking it should be a blast, Allot of new water to dish, There's a chance for a 5-6 pounder
And i won't be at work!!!!!!!!! I'll be fishing and eating PBJ's
I see nothing but a great week

customfishn

I'm just jealous, since I'm not going.  I had a great time at Patoka the first time even boated an 8 pound bass.  But what I meant by being screwed was if it was like it was last year, they might close the lake.

Manxfishing

Ok

Feel free to PM me on were you caught that 8 pounder and on what. LOL

Worst case would be that the lake was closed.
And if that happened. I'd trailer over to Ohio and fish Erie for the week
It's all good. i'm off for a week and I'll be on the water some were

bsimpson

I just checked the forecast (accuweather.com) and most of the week looks good (Wednesday is the worst looking weather day). Tournament days, Thursday, Friday and Saturday look great, almost too good, lots of sun, I'm hoping for some clouds, but like it has been said before, I'll be fishing - NOT working!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

VinceR

Quote from: customfishn on April 25, 2012, 04:07:51 PM

I've come to accept it.
It cant't get as bad as it was last year at Kentucky lake, or a few years ago at the Ohio River.  But If it does you guys are screwed.  

Those are the ones that I was talking about. I was at both.

Actually, last year at Kentucky Lake, it didn't turn out too bad. It only rained the first couple of days we were there. The flooding was from the earlier rains, and was pretty much deliberate (to take the pressure off of the rivers).

I did get to do some fishing, and caught some good fish (just not in a tournament), and I won a boat.

If it turns out that I can't fish the tournament, I'll take that outcome anytime.

I see that the weather report is improving from the last time I looked. When I checked a few of days ago, the report had it raining through the weekend. Now I see that the forecast for the tournament days are calling for sunny, and warm.

customfishn

I drove through a tornado last year and then at the Ohio river my motor caught on fire
Quote from: Manxfishing on April 25, 2012, 06:26:17 PM
Ok

Feel free to PM me on were you caught that 8 pounder and on what. LOL

Worst case would be that the lake was closed.
And if that happened. I'd trailer over to Ohio and fish Erie for the week
It's all good. i'm off for a week and I'll be on the water some were

And the 8 pounder came on a black poorboys jig and a black poorboys trailer, the spot is number 178 on my gps.