Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 05:56:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Finally Got Out on St Clair

Started by PaintballLane, June 14, 2012, 06:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaintballLane

Been posting and asking questions here for a couple of weeks and finally made it out on the lake yesterday - but not as simply as I expected.

After hauling the boat 750 miles I took the cover off only to realize that I had no key in the ignition. Apparently when my kids cleaned my boat up Sunday they took the key out. I've had 4 boats over the past 15 or so years and don't think I have ever taken a key out of the ignition.

I want to give a big thanks to the guys at Wilson Marine and Rose Marine. The guys at Wilson weren't going to be able to held but went to great lengths to help me find someone who could. The guys at Rose Marine went out of their way to help get me going as quickly as possible and saved me from losing a full day. A huge thanks to those guys for helping an out of towner.

Got on the water just after noon and I must say they determine wind speed differently than they do at home. 8-10 mph is a whole different wind here. And being that the wind is coming from the ENE is making it an effort to control the boat for a big water rookie.

We did catch quite a few smallmouth in the 1 1/2 - 2 pound range and my boy caught a 3 1/2 pound largemouth. Not bad for a 4 hour day, especially when it started the way it did. And I did break of a 3+ smallie at the boat. One on jerkbait and the rest on soft plastics.

We caught fish from 8 feet to 12 feet and usually got bit on the first couple of casts on a spot, regardless of depth.

Getting back out today. Hoping the wind out of the east doesn't materialize. Maybe we can do some damage before it kicks up this morning.

Skulley

Good luck out there. Sometimes an east wind on LSC if it's not blowing too hard can be good for catching.

BD.                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

I know what you mean about the wind.  It was brutal yesterday.  Did you end up fishing Anchor Bay or downlake?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

red-stratos294

Get a wind sock if you don't have one. That will help with control BIG TIME.I put my motor down and turn the wheel one way, hook the sock on the other side and it will help you make the line you want.

Firefighter Jeff

First off, welcome to the site Red Stratos294,  I have a Blue Steel Stratos294.  :)     Secondly Paintball, I have a second set of boat keys that I keep in the glove box of my tow vehicle.  I suppose it would be a good idea to hide a tow vehicle key in the boat, just in case they were dropped in the water, but I think the keys to the vehicles today have some chip in them and they are pretty expensive.  I should probably look into that.  Anyone have some info ??