Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 02:51:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Cass of St Clair Saturday?

Started by kensho, May 04, 2007, 03:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kensho

I am trying to decide weather to brave the wind and 2 hours round trip drive to St Clair - or pop up to CASS tomorrow.  I have fished either this year - I've heard reports that ST C is on fire, but nothing on CASS.

I've got about 6 hours of Dad time to myself tomorrow to play...

Revtro

Maybe this will help.  I fished Cass last Saturday and St. Clair today (Fri 5-4)  Last week the fish were not quite locking on to beds yet.  So for most of us the fishing was tough.  There were two guys who did well, but it wasn't easy.  Should be better this weekend.  If you fish there, go shallow or at the breaks and look for beddin' fish or fish ready to come up.

St. Clair:  We got 25 today, but our best 5 only went just more than 10lbs.  Lots of small fish and I about wore out my Pointer100.  The fishing is relatively easy right now but there are few factors you might want to consider before you head out there.  1. The mile roads are chocolate milk.  With the East wind today, all the mud that outflowed from the cutoff and the Clinton River was pushed up to shore all the way down past 10 Mile.  Didn't go South of 10 Mile, so I don't know about that.  With the wind today, it was really tough to fish the Mile Roads, although the water is better around Metro Beach and we got a couple of decent Smallies out there about a mile off shore.  But it wasn't hot and heavy.

The best action was in the canals where we decided to get out of the wind for a while.  Some canals we fished were a fish per cast kind of deal.  The jerkbait worked quickly and steadily produced the most bites.  Slow it down and all you got were followers.  Again, LOTS of small largemouth, but LOTS of bites too, so if you're going for the pure fun of it, you'll have a blast.  Just work canal after canal and you'll have a great time fishing for Largemouth.

I will likely be out tomorrow and will focus on the Selfridge area.  Last year in May we found a 3lb average along the first breaks in 7FOW.  So I'm gonna check those areas out in the morning and see if it's any better up there.  Hopefully the water will be a little cleaner.  Unless you really know what you're doing out there, I'd suggest skipping the Mile Roads.  They'll need a few days to clear up. 

I'd also like to check out the flats South of Grosse Point down towards the river.  There's lots of rock there and this time of year can load up with good fish.  At $3.19 for gas though, I wasn't willing to make the run.

Went into Muskamoot today too, but couldn't find any spawners.  Kind of surprised me because I found water as warm as 60 today, but truthfully, I don't know that area well.  I need someone who likes me to take me up there.  ;D

That was our day.  Not the best, but better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

kensho

Thanks - Well my fishing partner has just dictated Cass.  We need to be back by 6pm for a birthday party - both our kids are going to the same one, so if he goes I need to show up.

I'll try my luck on the breaks and check out the flats - should be pretty windy - Pointers and Aruku shads may be the ticket - I'll bring my pink super fluke if things get really tough!

Langer

Dont overlook the canals if you can get back into them, one of the boats from Saturday went back there and I guess had a field day.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President