Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 11:21:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Xtreme Bass Tackle at Lunch Money Lures

Started by WayneC, June 21, 2009, 06:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneC

If you haven't seen it yet, Terry Melvin has a strong line of XBT stuff for you right at the launch at many tournaments.  He just restocked with Great Lakes Perchtm and he has a great setup with an overhead tent arrangement and lots of light so you can see all of the great baits he carries.  Go get 'em Terry!

WayneC

Find Terry and Xtreme Bass Tackle products at:

NBAA Pro-Am - Saturday July 18 at Harley Ensign

Stren Series - Wednesday July 22 at Carlson High School (Registration)

MBCF State Championship - Gino's Surf - Thursday July 23 (Registration)

Terry has a good supply of the new 4" Great Lakes Perch tubes.

bassfan586

He needs more drop shot Erie goby.  He was out the last two tourneys.
Got one!

WayneC

Erie Goby, great color in the drop-shot!  That's one that is sold out but I do have the 4" version right now (FYI - we drop-shot the 4" tubes all the time).  If you are competing then I would suggest the drop-shot Canadian Mist as a substitute.  The bite is almost identical, it's just that the CM is more active with smaller fish too. 

I order my various tube sizes in one color at the same time so it doesn't look like EG will be available in the DST until next season.  Thanks for asking.  WC

gr@ssmonkey

wayne,do u know if terry has a website,us west side guys are starving for aewsome tubes like u guys get on the east side.
     p.s     I just read your post on al and bobs i will check it out!!!!!!

WayneC

I know Terry has one on the way and when it's ready we'll probably know about it first on www.greatlakesbass.com.

bassfan586

Erie goby in the dropshot has been awsome.  I wish I bought 50.  Im down to 2 left and will not use them fun fishing.  Too valuable.  I tried the cnadian mist dst with success but I think its a mental/confidence thing.  The 4" version erie goby is good on a drop shot.  So is the 5" st. clair version.
Got one!

WayneC

That is an interesting result.  The small orange/purple flake thing is very strong and like you, I wish I had bought an extra 2000 or so.  In a pinch, if you want to downsize the tube you can cut the 4" into smaller parts.  It won't be a tube anymore but you can get the color out there in a smaller size.

FYI - If you have the Great Lakes Craw drop-shot tube it won't get the action that the other two do but it has been the best big fish drop-shot tube of the bunch for me.  The smaller bass tend to leave it alone so there is a longer period between bites, but the weight range seems to be in the 2 1/2 lb. class and up.