Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 06:40:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

LSC 14 May 12

Started by motocross269, May 14, 2012, 04:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

Launched today at Selfridge...My main goal today was to run the boat some and to make sure Livewells, Bilge, and the Electronics were working well...I also wanted to spend some time trying to get a better handle on the Humminbird Units....

There was pretty much no wind on the lake today and LSC was about as flat as it gets..
I started out in the Selfridge area....Water was pretty dirty and fishing was slow..Only managed a couple small ones up there..
I headed down to mile roads..I started up at the 400 apartments in 7-9 FOW..The water was dirty and after spending an hour or so without a bite and not seeing anyone else get bit I headed south..
I went down to the big blue wall and the water was clear in shallow..The deeper I got the more stained the water was..I started working the edge of the stain and picked up a few here and there throwing cranks and jerking a tube....You couldn't get any type of drift going because of the lack of wind..
After playing around there for awhile I decided to run to some of my summer spots and mess around with the Down imaging and side imaging and see what I could see..The lake was perfect for running around and it didn't take long to cover alot of spots...It was pretty interesting to get a different look at some waypoints besides just Sonar and the Underwater camera..
All and all today I would say I ended up with around 10 fish with the best 5 probably being less than 12 pounds...Fishing was slow for me but the weather was great and it was fun puting the new rig through some paces..

Firefighter Jeff

Glad to see you got out Brian.  Enjoy that awesome boat of yours !!!!

Skulley

Going to head out on Friday as I am taking the day off from work. I hope the fishing picks up. It should as the weather seems to be stabilizing. Also going to be off on Monday. May head to Brest Bay on either of those days.

BD.                        ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

motocross269

From what I read guys that concentrated Shallow and worked hard were catching them......5 feet and less...

Skulley

When I was out there about a week back, we did alright in 5 to 7 fow and there were still some in shallower catching them. This weather stabilizing and warming up should bring them up. Largemouths in the canals should be hitting good too.

BD.                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Revtro

BD, I'll probably see you out there.  I'm trying to get out in the AM.  Moto, I feel your pain.  I have the singular distinction of coming in LAST at the Madwags Mem.  Yet there were guys who managed 16 all the way up to 25+.  Go figure.  The only reason I'm not totally beating myself up is that I haven't been able to get out at all because I have been working myself to death.  So kudos to those guys who figured it out that day.  But yeah, just like your experience, it was S L O W for me Saturday.  The bite to me seems unusually slow for this time of year.  I'm hoping this weekend things stabilize a bit and the bite gets going.  Although for me it really shows me a huge weakness in my fishing.  I think I rely too much on past experiences and wasn't able to adapt to the way things were Saturday.  So my goal is to kick myself in the behind and get back in the game.  Man, what a wakeup call. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

motocross269

I am the same way Rev...When I spotted the clean water in shallow I should have moved in right away....The guys I talked to that had the most success last week were fishing so shallow the fishes fins were practically out of the water....A buddy of mine did really well down south of Ford's cove in 3 feet and less...From his pictures I would say he was pushing a 20lb limit....Throwing Spinnerbaits and XR 50s...

I am good at sticking to the old saying "Never leave fish to find fish" but I am not so good at breaking a pattern if I it is not successful...I tend to be stubborn and try to force the issue to much based on past success....

thedude

the bite on friday before the open was decent - not spectacular but we all managed about 80-100 fish per boat. Only difference than the previous week is we didn't loose or miss many fish.

Don, Mike and I,  Cy  and 2k Jigs/Bmall all went to anchor because we noticed on friday that the quality of fish there was better. We didn't have much luck anywhere else and even in anchor the bites were sporadic. Friday we saw a lot of aggressive fish (big ones too) chasing on the surface. On saturday i don't think anyone had a great day numbers-wise, but if you could catch 10 fish, the majority of them would be in the 3.5-4lb range.  We never did see a lot of catching going on however. Knowing the fish were there was a big step up and you just had to grind them out.

I had a little more motivation to go fish anchor after i got this one friday evening too:
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

motocross269

Super nice fish.... ;D ...So that is what a big one looks like, I am having a hard time remembering... :D

Revtro

No doubt Dude...what a chunk. 

Got out today and it was a whole different story.  My daughter and I got 40+ with many in the 3 and 4lb range.  The water has warmed quite a bit.  It was nice to see them chasing topwater early. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]