Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 07:49:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

tubes

Started by dashaver63, August 02, 2007, 06:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dashaver63

I'm hoping someone here can help me. Last year at the pre-tournament meeting for the Detroit River Stren Series event, There was a guy selling tubes and tube heads out of a van at the Gibralter High School. Does any one know who that was and how to get in touch with him? Or at least the maker or brand of tubes those were? He had some really good colors and I need a refill. Thanks.

cameraguy

Look immediately left of your post and click on the Mikes RX Baits link.  He has tons of tubes in all sorts of great colors...

or click on Combat Fishing to the right and navigate your way to his ebay store.  They also have a great selection of tubes.

Revtro

It may have been Wayne from Combat Fishing/Xtreme Bass Tackle.  Check out his eBay store and that may tell you if these are the tubes you're looking for.

http://stores.ebay.com/Xtreme-Bass-Tackle
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

It had to be Wayne/Xtreme Bass Tackle, or Terry from Red Dragon. Terry has changed his business name to Lunch Money Tackle. wayne's eBay store link is Xtreme Bass on eBay or toll free 877-485-2223, while I'm not sure if Terry has a web site up or not.

There are similarities in colors. Wayne designs a lot of custom colors specifically for the Great Lakes and smallies that end up getting copied later by other companies.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

Dan, it was Red Dragon. As soon as I heard it I knew that was it. I waould love to try some of Waynes baits but don't have a credit card or checking account for paypal.

motocross269

PM me with what you want and I will order them and bring them to the Lake Erie BFL. You can just hook up with me at the meeting and pay me there.
Brian

dashaver63

Thanks Brian! Will do that.

WayneC

Yeah, it was most likely Terry (Lunch Money Lures) because he gets to a lot more tournament sites than anybody.

You are always welcome to come over to my tackle shop I have set up at the house (by appointment) and I've even been known to do trades for electrical work, or even cash!  You could even rebuild my fuel pump on my 175 Black Max if you like.

Good luck this weekend!  Wayne

dashaver63

Wayne, I don't think you want me to do the fuel pump if you ever want it to run again. I would like to see your shop. The specific color I'm looking for is green pumpkin with copper/green/orange flakes. It's been a good producer for me on these inland lakes down here in Ohio. At Belleville, it got me a 2 day total weight of 25.09 of largemouth. Nobody I've looked at has that color. Snack Daddy was as close as I've seen with their green pumpkin with orange flake.

WayneC

The closest I've seen to that color is an amber with orange and green which was a special order I had for awhile.  You might want to try Shuberts (now Terry's Tackle - different Terry - If you remember, let them know I referred you.  Not for $$ for me but for respect by sending you to the competition.) for something that far out there. 

I'm glad someone has something[/i] that works on Bellville (sorry, that's a sore spot for my partner Scott and I).  Multi-flake tubes seem to be high percentage overall.  The most popular of those is the Christmas Tree variety (gold/red/green). 

I like how you've worked toward what's available and chosen the green pumpkin orange.  Have you tried just green flake, and have you thrown both at the same time?  That would be interesting.  Of course, you are welcome to come by when it works for you. 

Mojo

Wayne is so modest ... Our biggest catchers this year for us was the "great lakes craw "  - pumpkin green with light orange. Its fish food.

Keep going Wayne !

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

dashaver63

I hope so, thats what I had motorsross order for me along with the green pumpkin/chartreuse/purple. I can't wait to see them. I really appreciate him getting those for me!

motocross269

No problem...I will find you by the FLW Ranger just before the meeting.