Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 01:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Any tackle enthusiasts?

Started by GAMEOVER, June 27, 2007, 03:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAMEOVER

Was wondering if there are any tackle enthusiasts on this board who keep up with the Bass'n scene globally (mostly USA and Japan) and use products from there? Im really into some of the JDM offerings like Evergreen and Megabass. Actually just picked up an Elseil not too long ago and love it. Just tryin to catch some names on the board who are into this stuff. Here's a quick shot of my latest JDM rod offering and a handful of baits to give an idea of what im talking about.

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=86462257hb2.jpg

and

http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11xp4.jpg

Mojo

what a ya have ? a drop shot rod ? compares to a ? crucial ? pm with details     :-\'
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

GAMEOVER

Hi, im speaking of enthusiast tackle which is most made in Japan. The rod you see above is a Megabass F4-610XDti Elseil, one of Megabasses most praised but expensive rods. I payed $548.00 for the rod alone and another nice chunk of money on the Daiwa Steez 103HL to go on it. I havent used this for dropshoting. I use it for topwater and jerkbaits. Its an excellent rod for spinnerbaits and lipless cranks as well. See more at www.megabass.com

I will state now that I am unaffiliated with this comany in any way, shape, or form. They are just one of a few companys I consider that have the most advanced products. For those wondering.. the sensitivity of this rod is better then most GLX sticks ive owned, and it should be for that price.

Mojo

I get blown away on this board sometimes. I have Crucial and Im in the rivers on LSC.  I swear I can feel rock, muck, even types of seaweed, definitely when a goby nibbles, a drum hit from a smallie hit.

I wonder what world I would enter with a $500 rod ?

GAMEOVER

Quote from: mojo on August 26, 2007, 09:20:31 AM
I get blown away on this board sometimes. I have Crucial and Im in the rivers on LSC.  I swear I can feel rock, muck, even types of seaweed, definitely when a goby nibbles, a drum hit from a smallie hit.

I wonder what world I would enter with a $500 rod ?

I know exactly what you mean and my answer to you my friend is- complete utopia. Imagine a rod so sensitive you could feel a blue gill just nip at the tailend of your bait with its lips. Imagine a rod that when you cast it for an hour it feels like your just waving your arm as if the rod just became a part of you. The sensitivity in this rod and the rest of the Evolizion series Megabass rods are very different then the sensitivity youd feel on say a Loomis GLX. These rods "amplify" every single thing from the tip to your hand. Its a very unique feeling. I baught this rod on pure guts and never using it before just because I did a lot of research on it for awhile.

Aaron Martens is sponsored by Megabass and uses this rod, the Diablo, and other models almost always when hes in BASS tournys.

Please remember their are kids reading on here - thanks Dan

Mojo

would be cool to try one sometime. Another question : How come the Smallies really recently turned on to shad or minnow drop shot over goby or tube ?