Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 11:17:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Canadian license

Started by River Walker, May 04, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

River Walker

I need to get my Ontario license,and the new sportsman card.Warpath was asking me how we should do this.Can I get both online? Hopefully I won't have to go into Canada to purchase one or both of them.

dashaver63

www.Lakesidefishingshop.com is where I have always gotten mine. You can either order on line or call them, their phone number is on the site.

bassassasin88

Whats the sportsmans card? Do I need it?

djkimmel

Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources has changed regulations effective January 1, 2009 to require non-residents to purchase their Outdoor Card (previously only for Canadians).

Once completed, we can order licenses over the automated phone system or on the Internet. "As part of this project, MNR will also be developing an automated licensing system for licence issuers to improve service to anglers and hunters."

"The automated system will mean that all anglers and hunters will need a unique identification number.  That is why MNR will be extending the requirement to have an Outdoors Card to non-resident anglers and hunters, effective January 1, 2009.  The Outdoors Card will be required to purchase an Ontario fishing or hunting licence, except for a one-day fishing licence."

You'll have to fill out a card application at a license issuer to get  your permanent card. Not sure what plans Lakeside has for that. Maybe they will help get the card since the paper application can be used until you get the actual card? You need the card to purchase any license other than a 1-day license.

I wonder if you can also apply at the license 800 number? 800-667-1940

The home page for Ontario fishing is http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/LetsFish/index.html

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Dropshot

I just ordered the standard license from the Lakeside website. There was no mention of an outdoor card. But, when I received my license it came with a temporary outdoor card.
Joe

dashaver63

Did they give you instructions on how or where to get the permanent one?

djkimmel

I imagined Lakeside would continue and do what was necessary. Sounds like Lakeside was able to get the Outdoor Card application filled out for you so you should get your permanent one in the mail. Don't know how long it takes. How about if we guess 2 weeks? :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Lakeside is where I always get my Ontario License.  I also get my Walpole License there as I always plan on fishing on the reservation.  Pretty convenient and their website is very user friendly.  However, bass season in Ontario does not open until June 27, 2009 this year.  Good Luck.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

t-bone

I purchased my 2009 Canadian over the phone using the 800 number listed earlier without a problem. It took about a week to arrive. I got the paper outdoors card sent to me as well. I'm assuming the permanent one will follow.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

huston

I've been using that 1-800 for a couple of years now. I 've had my Canadian since January and have the paper outdoor card. They have not sent me a hard copy.