Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 07:41:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

More Hamlin Questions

Started by Eric, September 12, 2010, 01:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

One of my clubs is having our classic (5 boats) at Hamlin Saturday.  We (my partner and I with the women) are going up friday night after work.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay, good places to eat (2 fat guys going), etc?  The tournament is going out of the Wilson Hill ramp.  We haven't been to Hamlin before, so I need directions to that please.  I would also certainly entertain listening to any suggestions (Jeff, I will email you, too) on where and how to catch a few bass, since we won't get to practice at all it looks like.  Thanks everyone.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Hooksetter

If you google motels and dining in Ludington you will find many choices. Speaking from experience, stay at Viking Arms Inn. My wife and I have stayed at nearly all the motels in and around Ludington over the past 15 years and that has been our only choice the last few years. Nice clean rooms with very nice owners.

Parking was kinda tight, you might want to ask them about fitting in a bass boat, I always left the bass boat at the in-laws. If there is room, you guys will like it there.

Now for the food. First off, you have to go to House Of Flavors for the best Ice Cream on the planet, made right next door to the store. Butter Pecan, that's all I have to say about that.

Jamesport Brewing Company on South James St. has good food and a wide variety of adult beverages. Great perch and steaks.

Scotty's has great prime rib, among other things.

Michaels Bar & Grill has good food also.

Stick's Bar & Grill is a nice little place to hang out and have a few drinks. Their food is not too bad either.

There is also the full compliment of fast food places, as well as Applebee's, Big Boy, Ponderosa and Mancinos.

I am sure I left out some other good places to eat but those are our favorites, especially Jamesport Brewing.

I do not know where the Wilson Hill ramp is, I always launch at the state park.

I have not fished there in the fall in 2 years, but I always caught em on crank baits, stick baits, and top waters. I'm sure someone else with more recent time on the water there will chime with some better intel.

Also, there are a couple of nice antique stores to browse through. One is real close to House Of Flavors and one is real close to Jamesport Brewing.

Good luck and have fun!

Willie

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.