Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2024, 04:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Good things come to those whose boats get hit by Blazers

Started by Mike S., May 27, 2011, 04:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

As everyone knows, I am the lucky guy who got to get his boat hit by a car on the way to the lake.  Finally, after a month of bs, things are starting to go my way.

The insurance company did their part, and I sold the boat as is, and actually made a considerable amount of money on the boat I beat up all of last year.  Not bad, huh?  I have been wanting a bigger, nicer boat for a long time, and now it is happening.

The day mine got hit, I got online, and looked for a boat that I just had to have, but it had to be affordable.  I fell in love with a 2000 Skeeter ZX 202 that Camp and Cruise has.  Found that boat within a couple of hours of the accident.  Well, this coming Wednesday, that boat will be home with me.  I am so excited.  A 20 footer with a 225 is quite an upgrade from an 18 footer with a 150.

Now, this story takes a crazy turn, as I found out this morning.  I sent a picture of the boat to a friend of mine, who I don't talk to much, due to our work schedules and families.  He sends me a text back saying that " she" is really sorry about hitting my boat.  Turns out my buddy was dating this girl when she hit my boat.  Unbelievable.  I finally got to thank her, because I am getting a way better boat thanks to her mistake.  I also will be able to call ahead and see what lake not to try to go fish. 

djkimmel

My wife always says there's a silver lining in every cloud... or something like that.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

my wife always says "dont stick that in there" when i try to put a container of worms in the refrigerator.

::)

Nice job on the Skeeter, Mike.  You can now be in the super exclusive club that LaPorte and I started last year.  There are no dues or meetings, but you can tell people that you belong to a club now.  if you want to.

McCarter himself :-\'

Mike S.

Funny, my wife says that too.....  Nevermind.  I can only be in your club if Lapprte says he is sorry for picking on me about my Merc Racing sweatshirt at the Madwags Open.

I am very excited about the Skeeter.  Only been in a handful of boats that are Yam powered, but I was impressed with them all.  Seem to be stout motors.  Too bad I have to miss the first night of NBAA.  But, its hard to fish with no boat.  I will have to get my stash of 10 pounders to bite next week.

bob o

Mike S.

No damage to the truck.  Figures that the one thing I want smashed comes through with zero damage.  So, my wife says it deserves one of those skeeter guys on the back window.

bob o

Quote from: mikeszr800 on May 27, 2011, 09:09:29 PM
No damage to the truck.  Figures that the one thing I want smashed comes through with zero damage.  So, my wife says it deserves one of those skeeter guys on the back window.
wel just have a talk with your buddies GF and wa la a whole new rig hahaha, kidding just kidding

thedude

get you buds GFs driving schedule..... i could use a new ride as well.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Waterfoul

Quote from: thedude on May 27, 2011, 10:18:16 PM
get you buds GFs driving schedule..... i could use a new ride as well.

Can she come and hit my Ford JUST hard enough?  I'd prefer she hit the left side front door area.

Thanks.

I'll wait for a reply on when and where.

;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

I will make a phone call, and try to hook everybody up.  This is just too funny.  She may be able to find a way to capitalize on this.

Firefighter Jeff

Great news about the boat Mike.  Glad to hear things are looking up for you.  :)

LAPORTE

Quote from: mikeszr800 on May 27, 2011, 08:29:24 PM
  I can only be in your club if Lapprte says he is sorry for picking on me about my Merc Racing sweatshirt at the Madwags Open.

Man someone needs a hug..lol Mike your ok.. If I stopped given out  crap I might actually learn how to fish. I'm sorry Mr. Mike

Now your in the bug club

DL
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Mike S.

You made my day, Don!  I am in the bug club. Awesome!!!!!

Mike S.

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on May 30, 2011, 11:43:57 PM
  Great news about the boat Mike.  Glad to hear things are looking up for you.  :)

Thanks Jeff.  I am so excited about the boat.  Tomorrow is the big day.  Have to be at Camp and Cruise at 4:30 to get all the paperwork done, and tow her home.....after the lake!  I really wanted a brand new boat, but it's just not the right time.  This one gives me 5 years to plan for it, though.  Only bad part is that I now have to put the 1197 on another boat.  I have more time installing and taking it off a boat than I do using it.  I haven't gotten to make a single cast from my boat since I bought that thing in November.  I think it's cursed.  If something happens to the Skeeter after I put it on there, it's getting deep sixed!  Just kidding.  I will just put a really big insurance policy on this boat! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Eric

This many days now and still no pictures.  Can you believe it?  I propose a new Dan law.  All new boats must have pictures posted within 48 hours of getting them.

Well, knowing Mike, he may not be off the water yet since he stopped at the lake on the way home from pickig it up.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Mike S.

Will get some up today. Been real busy burning gas and changing fish finders out.