Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 03:33:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Friday 6/17

Started by Revtro, June 21, 2011, 07:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Sorry for the late report.  Got out Friday.  Launched at 11 Mile and headed South.  We caught Smallies everywhere we went.  However, the best action once again was down toward the Detroit River along Grosse Pointe Shores.  Current seemed to help.  The more current, the better the fish.  The key for us was Mayflies.  Every time we drifted near a glob of Mayfly husks the Smallies were underneath.  8.5 to 9.5 FOW was where our best action occurred.  

I'd love to say we caught a bunch on cranks and topwater, but we struck out with moving baits.  We did have a follower behind a Nichols all chartreuse spinnerbait, but the fish wanted a tube fished very s l o w l y.  But they did not want a tube on the bottom.  All our good fish came on a tube fished on a dropshot.  Color didn't seem to matter a whole lot, but darker seemed a little better.  

Like I said, the best fishing was in better current.  We were between Windmill Pt. and the first yacht club North.  The biggest fish came nearer to the yacht club than Windmill.  We found rock piles and weedbeds.  In addition to finding the fish under mayfly husks, we also found fish in every rockpile and weed clump.  That area is fishing strongly right now.  

We didn't find any 5's but my partner got one that was pretty close.  This is Chadd and his big girl that went over 4.5.

Oh yeah, BTW - I left the EXIF data in the pic on purpose.  I don't know how accurate the GPS data is, but feel free to give it a try and if you see me out there and are doing well, feel free to stop by and say hi.   ;)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

I can't cast that high anyway. Says you were 173+ feet in the air...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.