Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 23, 2024, 05:53:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

DETROIT LIONS

Started by blakstr1, July 27, 2011, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now after 2 games where do you predict the Lions will end up this year?

more than 11 wins
1 (6.3%)
11-5
2 (12.5%)
10-6
6 (37.5%)
9-7
5 (31.3%)
8-8
2 (12.5%)
7-9
0 (0%)
6-10
0 (0%)
less than 6 wins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

VinceR

Quote from: blakstr1 on September 12, 2011, 08:30:41 AM
Quote from: djkimmel on September 11, 2011, 02:25:52 AM

I believe the Lions now win two more games than they were going to just because of the effort blakstr1 put into his Go Lions post! Way to stick with them blakstr!!
We need to figure out a way to get Calvin Johnson to sign up to GLB.....i know he loves fishing, he was in a deep see fishing contest at the pro bowl last year.

So does VandenBosch:
http://photos.mlive.com/detroit/2011/09/detroit_lions_players_play_dri_3.html

djkimmel

Somewhere on my todo list is to find out who more of the lurkers are on here. Sometimes I'm even very surprised who has been reading along...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

detroit1

Yep, 1 down. Many more to go. I heard that Delmas likes to fish also,and i've been yelling at him since last year to "let's go fishing", but no response so far....
WAVE THERAPY

bigjc

It might be a bit pre-mature for the "I told you so's," but how do you like our Lions now, Mr. UAWBigDog?  I believe that is 5 in a row (regular season games.)

Skulley

Quote from: bigjc on September 12, 2011, 09:37:47 PM
It might be a bit pre-mature for the "I told you so's," but how do you like our Lions now, Mr. UAWBigDog?  I believe that is 5 in a row (regular season games.)

Quit acting like they won the Super Bowl.  Geez!!!  You're very pre-mature.  I am still not convinced.  Inside of two minutes to go they were doing what ever they could to lose.  Fortunately for the Lions the clock ran out.  They still could have lost.  I am happy they have a 5 game winning streak.  They were lucky this time.  A better team would have beat them.  They let Tampa Bay get within striking distance.  The Lions were lucky those last two penalties didn't hurt more.  It could have.  I will like the Lions when they make the playoffs and win a couple of games there...............no sooner.  Unfortunately it won't be this year.  Tampa Bay is probably the weakest team on the schedule.  The real tests are coming.  No one would like to see them have a winning season more than I.  But this is just not the year.  They have a long, long way to go.  The Chiefs next week at the home opener is going to give them all they can handle.  They may beat the Chiefs, but the Chiefs are making much bigger strides toward turning their club around than the Lions.  The Lions are going to have their hands full with them.   

BD                       ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

t-bone

BD - what specific strides do you think the lions need to make now in their players and coaching staff?

I'm thinking a power back but they had that covered before the recent draft pick went down. WR's look great. D-line is awesome. Pretty impressed with the linebackers after game one. This is were we struggled last year. I guess the secondary might still be suspect.

The offense and special teams gave up 10 points last week and if that didn't happen, Tampa wasn't even in the game statistically. They were outplayed and over matched by the Lions.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

detroit1

Cheifs, Falcons, 49ers, and Broncos don't look so tough, splits within our division, and an upset at Caro,or Raiders, or Saints....9-7. Dog is probabally correct that past Lions teams would have blown the game,but T-bone IS correct.."outplayed and overmatched" is pure sweetness in my book.
WAVE THERAPY

Skulley

Quote from: detroit1 on September 13, 2011, 05:15:23 PM
Chiefs, Falcons, 49ers, and Broncos don't look so tough, splits within our division, and an upset at Caro,or Raiders, or Saints....9-7. Dog is probably correct that past Lions teams would have blown the game,but T-bone IS correct.."outplayed and over matched" is pure sweetness in my book.

First of all let's not get too carried away here detroit1.  They almost blew the game in the last 2 minutes.  Football is a 2 minute game and close games are usually won or lost in the last 2 minutes.  Outplayed and over matched......maybe so but the two penalties in the last 2 minutes could have been the difference.  Even the head coach was upset about the way they played in the last 2.  However, a win is a win.  In a 7 point game with Carolina, the Raiders, or the Saints, the Lions will lose in the last two minutes.  The Lions will not beat any of those teams.  Splits within the division will be with Minnesota..........maybe................da Bears..............maybe................but they will lose to the Packers both home and away.  Historically, the Chiefs have given the Lions trouble, the Falcons have too although the Lions should win that game, I can't remember when the Lions last beat the Niners, and I don't think they have ever beaten the Broncos.  A Lions win is pure sweetness in my book even if it is winning ugly.  9 and 7 detroit1, I hope your right.  Realistically detroit1.............more like 7 and 9.

Quote from: t-bone on September 13, 2011, 09:01:24 AM
BD - what specific strides do you think the lions need to make now in their players and coaching staff?

I'm thinking a power back but they had that covered before the recent draft pick went down. WR's look great. D-line is awesome. Pretty impressed with the linebackers after game one. This is were we struggled last year. I guess the secondary might still be suspect.

The offense and special teams gave up 10 points last week and if that didn't happen, Tampa wasn't even in the game statistically. They were outplayed and over matched by the Lions.

Specifically, they have no running game.  Didn't have one even if their injured draft pick was healthy.  They need to beef up that offensive line.  As soon as the other teams start watching the game tapes of the Lions, Stafford's going to be sacked more times than any other quarterback in NFL history.  They can't protect him.  They haven't been able to protect their quarterback for years.  The offensive line is also the key to the running game.  Barry Sanders was good because he was faster than anyone else including his own offensive line.  If they want Stafford to stay healthy, they have to protect him.  Also, the special teams need more.  What more, I don't know but they can't give up 10 points in every game because then they may only end up 6 and 10.  

So in a nutshell, offensive line, a running back that's strong and fast, and better performance from the special teams.  In all reality, they are not that far off from being a good team.  Remember, the good teams always find a way to win.  Plus when the game is on the line, winners want the ball.

Now you want to talk about teams that know how to win when the game is on the line, then let's talk Red Wings and Tigers.  I think the Ford's should sell the Lions to Ilitch. He is the best owner in pro sports bar none.

BD               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bigjc

Well...Welll...Well...maybe these Det. Lions are for real!!!  They didn't beat the Cheifs, they pounced on them and feasted!!!

GO LIONS>>>On to the Vikings!!!

djkimmel

I saw a huge crow on the edge of a building yesterday. He said to tell someone, "CAW!"

I haven't seen the Lions look like that in so long... I can't even remember when it was!?!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

detroit1

Has Stafford been sacked yet this year? I know he's been knocked down a few times, but who doesn't. That's two teams last year with 10 - 6 records the Lions have beat. Realizing your in denial, bigdog, is the first step in recovery.....there's something special goin' on around here...embrace it .....
WAVE THERAPY

bigjc

9 and 7 is a reality, but 11 wins or more is not out of the question.  Lets see how it goes when we get to teams like Chicago and Green Bay.

djkimmel

I played backyard football once (looonngg time ago) with some recently ex-college football players. Never been hit so hard. Worst I ever hurt after a football game. I do not want to be hit by a big ole NFL player! I saw the look on Stafford's face after the hit in the back! Ouchy...

t-bone

I heard this morning that if the Lions beat Minnesota this week (which they should) it will be the first 3-0 start since 1980? That is an awful long time to not get off to a good start of a season. The 45 point win was the most in a long time too... things are looking up for the Lions.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club

djkimmel

I think they'll win 11 games this years based on what I saw Sunday.

Skulley

Now they are 3 and 0.  They shouldn't be.  Two false start penalties.  Almost got a safety on them.  They let the Vikes climb right back into it.  Lucky they pulled it off.  I always have said from the start of this topic was "When the game is on the line, good teams find a way to win."  The Lions just might be a good team.    :o      :o      :o    Only 13 more games to prove it.

BD                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

BIG crow flew over the car today! BIG ONE!! ;D

bigjc

I will say that it wasn't the prettiest victory I've ever seen, but another one in the "W" column anyway.
The lions gained a bit more credibility beating a team that they have not defeated in years!

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on September 25, 2011, 09:01:58 PM
BIG crow flew over the car today! BIG ONE!! ;D

Yeah, there were two in the yard late in the afternoon around 5pm with Lions jerseys on. That's ok, I'll just have to win another contest.   :o

BD.                                   ;D                           

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

t-bone

Really - "they let the Vikes climb back into it?"

The Vikes let the Lions climb back. The Vikings should have been able to shut down the lions in the second half and get any easy win. BD you have a strange perspective on these games ;-)

Quote from: UAWBigDog on September 25, 2011, 06:15:14 PM
Now they are 3 and 0.  They shouldn't be.  Two false start penalties.  Almost got a safety on them.  They let the Vikes climb right back into it.  Lucky they pulled it off.  I always have said from the start of this topic was "When the game is on the line, good teams find a way to win."  The Lions just might be a good team.    :o      :o      :o    Only 13 more games to prove it.

BD                        ;D
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club