Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 01:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Memorial Day.

Started by Revtro, May 28, 2012, 04:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

We rocked em today.  Got out at 6:30 and started kinda shallow.  Rocky after Rocky.  Not what I hoped for.  So we moved out and found fish in 13.5'.  That was the ticket.  All in all we managed about 43 quality Smallmouth, not including around 25 Rockies.  We got several that went 4 lbs and lots of 3's.  It was a great day for both quality and quantity.  They didn't really seem to want the dropshot, they wanted tubes very slowly.  The color of the day was Xtreme Triple Threat.  As the morning wore on, we started getting some on perch pattern tubes. 

We didn't stay out past 10:30 because the Memorial Day boat traffic started getting stupid.  Add to that some out of state boys who saw us catching and literally came and fished 2-3 boat lengths away.  Soon after a couple other boats started stalking us too.  So we packed it in and enjoyed a great lunch at Mike's On the Water.  All in all it was a great morning. 

The funny part was an admission from my friend who came out with us today.  He had been reading my reports and thought I was full of poo.  Well let's just say he's a believer now.  ;D He went home a happy camper. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

fiker

Glad you've finally gotten out and are having good fortune.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

Thanks man.  Yeah, it's really been great lately.  I have to give UAWBigDog the credit.  He said something that really helped.  He mentioned that LSC is fishing more like mid June than mid May a couple of weeks ago.  I have kept that in the back of my head and it's really helped because he was right.  Yesterday was all about post-spawn females.   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Bigbass201

QuoteSo we packed it in and enjoyed a great lunch at Mike's On the Water.
Where's that located?  Thanks

Revtro

Mike's is located on Jefferson at about 9-1/2 Mile.  They are behind Colony Marine.  You enter through Colony's parking lot, go through the gate and follow the signs all the way back to the water.  Make sure you try the Mike's Cheeseburger.  The cheese is on the inside.  It's pretty good.  Oh, and it has plenty of room for trucks with boats. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

I've been accused of being full of 'poo' many times! Even my own WIFE once remarked, 'honey, you don't usually catch big bass like that do you?' Sheesh. Tough crowd. Thank goodness we still get to enjoy the fun of catching them even if people won't believe us!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.