Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 20, 2024, 11:28:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Thanks revtro

Started by Golden Ghost, July 18, 2012, 09:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Ghost

A special thanks to Tom, AKA revtro who took me out fishing on Tuesday. We left the dock at 7 AM with eighty degree weather. Fished some deep water and Tom had two or three in five minutes. I managed a few large rock bass and then it shut down.
We went and fished the main canal which was a new and difficult experience for me. Tom out fished me again and caught a nice four pounder to boot. But I had a good time and learned a new type of fishing. On the way back to the main lake we made one more stop and caught a few more there.
The wind was picking up so we made one stop in the main lake on the way back and caught about six to eight in fifteen minutes. All in all we had a great day. One four, a few three and the rest were not bad. 93 degrees when we got back to shore at noon!
Tom was great to fish with and he is a great guy who does a lot for his church and the community. Thanks again revtro.

troossien1

He sounds like a great guy And a great time!  Id like to be able to fish with him some time as well, you're very fortunate!
Kistler rods

Revtro

We had a really fun day.  The fishing was a little slower than what I'd hoped for but all in all, I think we ended up doing fairly well.  I really enjoyed meeting Gary and spending a quality morning with him on my favorite body of water.  Gary, you are welcome to fish with me any time!!!  I'm glad we caught them as well as we did.  Hopefully those patterns will hold up for a while.  Next time, let's launch up in the river and go from there. 

bassinkid16, thanks to you and Gary for the kind words.  But I don't deserve them.  I still have a TON to learn and honestly, I gotta give BassCat the credit for teaching me much of what I know out there.  Someday I hope to be as good an angler as he is.  But I appreciate the nice words.  Any time you want to go fishing together bassinkid16, just say the word.  I'm always up for finding new friends to fish with.   ;D  I only hope we catch them.  I have my bad days out there like everyone.  Hopefully not too many this year.   ;)
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

troossien1

I will have to make It a point to get out there sometime! Id love to, we have some pretty decent lakes over here but I still have yet to see st clair shine.. The,only day I was ever out there was when the mayflys screwed it all up! Maybe ill make it out there after hit 18... (might,be easier to convince the parents that way haha) (september 26) so fall time maybe??
Kistler rods

Skulley

Quote from: bassinkid16 on August 05, 2012, 09:11:34 AM
The,only day I was ever out there was when the mayflys screwed it all up!

This year when the mayflies were hatching, the fishing was awesome.  You have to make some adjustments so that the they don't screw up your day.  I caught more big fish this year during the hatch than I think I have ever caught. 

And Rev........your just too too modest.  I have never been in a boat with Rev.  But it has always been fun meeting up with him out there on beautiful LSC and sharing some great spots.  He truly is a "class act".  One day we will get in the boat together Rev and set the lake on fire.   :o   I'll even let you wear that squirrelly looking hat you got on in that picture in Golden Ghost's post.   :P

BD                         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

troossien1

They had already been hatch was done and there were mayfly slicks everywher.. We did get em jerkbaiting near the slicks, but I think they were gorged at that point
Kistler rods

djkimmel

Keep working at it. Like any other time of year - some anglers struggle while other anglers hammer them. As long as we aren't one of the anglers hammering them, we have more work to do.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.