Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 24, 2024, 02:16:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

So what do you do?

Started by blakstr1, January 23, 2006, 08:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canvsbk

A Ranger rep living in Jones. Who would of thunk it..... ;D
Look past what they want you to see.

djkimmel

Quote from: canvsbk on May 08, 2006, 10:26:03 PM
A Ranger rep living in Jones. Who would of thunk it..... ;D

That's where the big deer are...!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

thedude

I'm a software developer/consultant. I'm partner in a small firm based out of GR. We do project management, implementation consulting, system architecture and development work catering to mainly the health care industry. We specialize in producing and qualifying FDA regulatory systems that are commonly required in the medical and pharma industries.

I do mostly architecture and development work on the microsoft .net platform.

Today i'm working from home and leaving at 4 to go spank some smallies. :)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

VinceR

I am a Vehicle Fleet Consultant for the State of Michigan (civil servant). I assist State agencies (I work with five agencies, about 1800 vehicles) with the vehicle needs for their fleets. I help them to select and order the? best vehicle for a given job (or jobs). I deal with everything from utility vehicles (lawn tractors, electric carts, etc.) to class 8 semi tractors, and everything in between.

I was a mechanic for about 25 years, and this offered me a welcome change of scenery, plus, an opportunity to advance. All, without changing job location or losing tenure. On top of all that, it's pretty interesting, too.

frogman

Global Records Manager for the Dow Chemical Co.  At Dow since graduating from Northwood University in 1983 -- 8 years to retirement!!!  Basically ensure the company maintains records and documents according to the billions of laws needing compliance to globally.  Career has allowed this farm boy to see the world, but there is nothing I enjoy more than my log home and 30 acres in little Coleman, Mi.  Occasional member of the Sanford Lake bass club- signed up again last year after a 10 year absence only to miss every tourney due to other commitments - yech.  Never miss the club open's on Sanford and Wixom -- I believe the first prize has been increased to 1500 this year.

Great reading all.
frogman

tightline

I work in sales selling Engineering Services for DAXCON Engineering in the Automotive, Heavy Equip, Military, and Aerospace industries to name a few. Our company does inhouse as well as on site contract work.

Keith

canvsbk

I'm a residential contractor - I build the stuff for you that your wife wants done so you guys can go fishin'! Unless it's real nice out, then I go fishin'!
Retired once already, sold a printing business but my wife got the check. She's just darn lucky to have a guy like me.
Look past what they want you to see.

rbaddis

I'm a journeyman electrician / machine repair tech for Perrigo in Montague.  I work third shift so I get to bring my Boat to work and head out to White lake or Muskegon Lake first thing in the AM. It's nice to be out in the morning before things get too busy.

CuradoKev

When I'm not fishing and chasing my kids..

I work as analytical chemist for a local food company playing with flavors and aromas. Main job is method development and research on fancy machines and playing with beakers? ;D

Fish the CATT circuits during the week and fish BFL as a coangler, going on my 3rd year and love it. The boaters fishing the BFL are great guys and I've had some great draws. Since I'll never own a boat, I'm known as the Boat Beech of the west side - ROFL? ;D

Looking forward to the new season and thanks again to Dan Kimmel and Anthony Adams for getting us a C&R Season and dropshotting in Michigan <Crowds CHEER !!!>? :D

Later Ckev
SOB Lures
www.soblures.com

Terry's Tackle
www.terrystackle.com

bcbasser

I am the Director of Admissions and Graduate Affairs for a youth program administered by the Michigan National Guard. I spend much of my fishing season free time fishin or talking about fishing...drives my wife nuts...and the off season working boat shows with Wonderland Marine West (Pro-Staff)...also drives my wife nuts. Ohhh yeah... I am also sweet with a bow staff and numb chucks!!! ;D
www.kistlerrods.com
www.championboats.com

Amsoil Synthetic Lubricants www.lubedealer.com/benwallace

bosshawg

mechanical engineer for automotive facilities material handling. mainly deisgn, consultants, bid packages, on site supervision and install for conveyor systems. ghafari companies also does architectual and industrial design work projects. office is out of dearborn.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

cameraguy

I'm not sure why I haven't noticed this thread until now but...like my handle says, I'm a camera guy.? I operate various types of cameras on a free-lance basis for various events, mostly sports.? You can see me at pretty much every Pistons game usually on the court right next to the stanchion.? I also work some Red Wings, Tigers, Lions games.? Shoot a lot of footage for Fox Sports Net Detroit.? Also, college football, basketball, hockey, softball, volleyball, gymnastics, etc.? Have shot many concerts including the recent two Kid Rock concerts at the Palace.? (BTW, Jenna Jameson made a special appearance.? She's very nice.)? Worked the All-Star game last year and the Super Bowl.? Have worked sporting events for ABC, ESPN, FSN, NBC, CBS, TNT, WTBS, CSTV, U-M, FX, OLN, Comcast, and more.? Contributed a shot for the open of the Bassmasters show when they were here in 1994 (the one Kim Stricker won).? Taped a plane crashing into Pontiac Lake that same year while taping a fishing show I used to produce (and am trying to start up again).? That footage ended up on Real TV and Maximum Exposure.? Have had footage on America's Funniest Home Videos.? Shot some footage with Inkster police during some prostitution stings that ended up on ABC Network News (or whatever it's called).?

Blah, blah, blah.? Okay, I guess that's enough.? Anybody who is interested in sponsoring a fishing show or just needs professional video work please e-mail me.

dhuff...maybe you should consider putting your e-mail address on here (did I miss it).? What do you mean by Tree business?? Do you cut them down?? If so, I would like to contact you.? I have a great big maple tree in my backyard that I would like taken down.? I'm in Ferndale if that matters.?

djkimmel

Nothing quite like a good stanchion...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

cameraguy

Ha!  I even had to bust out the dictionary to make sure I spelled it right.  I guess I could have wrote basket.

djkimmel

Swish! Nothing but stanchion... doesn't sound the same...

cameraguy

Yeah, but technically I'm not next to the basket.  The basket is hanging ten feet in the air.  The stanchion is what is holding it up. 

djkimmel

Yeh - I know I'm technically illiterate about some things - that's what I have you around for... ;D

cameraguy

I thought I was around to catch all the drum and toothy critters so you can catch the monster bass.  :)

djkimmel

Oh yeah - that too... but sometimes you catch all the bass too... I must be doing something wrong sometimes...

You sheephead record is still intact...

(looks like a mutant)

Langer

I am a project engineer at Johnson Controls,  I work in the DCX Business Unit and am currently the lead engineer on the 2008 Dodge Viper seats. 
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President