Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 10:29:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Grandt Rods board no longer active

Started by djkimmel, March 25, 2014, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

This separate Grandt Rods board is no longer active. Grandt Rods is no longer a sponsor advertiser of GreatLakesBass.com as of 2/28/2014. All the posts previously contained in this board have been moved to the Bass Fishing Products board except for a few threads that fit somewhere else such as threads related to the various Showspan fishing shows. Dan

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

mikesmiph

I'll still be able to answer any questions any of you might have about Grandt Rods.

dartag

Sorry you lost a sponsor but it has been nice seeing people discuss other rods lately.   

djkimmel

Quote from: mikesmiph on March 26, 2014, 06:54:17 AM
I'll still be able to answer any questions any of you might have about Grandt Rods.

Of course you can. I have 7 or 8, maybe 9? of them myself. I like them just fine as ever. Nice rods. Light. Sensitive. American made. Lifetime warranty. A lot to like. C10 is still my favorite spinnerbait rod! I like the C76M rods for crankbaits too!

I'd still recommend buying them at a show to get the show discount if you want to try them. That way you get to see them in person first too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on March 26, 2014, 08:28:35 AM
Sorry you lost a sponsor but it has been nice seeing people discuss other rods lately.   

There was never any shortage of talk about all the other rod brands, or an effort to squash any and not much success in promoting Grandt Rods to members and visitors (though a number of sales where not credited because the people who bought them didn't mention GreatLakesBass.com as the reason or source unfortunately which doesn't help either...).

I don't know how or why anyone could possibly think there was a shortage of talk about other brands? If I came here new there are other brands I would think were more involved in the website as much as people talk about them. In fact, there was so much talk about other rod brands it probably didn't make much sense to Grandt Rods to continue as a website sponsor. I can't blame them.

I do however have to deal with losing another advertiser due to lack of interest, enough people willing to give them a try or people buying them but not crediting GreatLakesBass.com. I always have to deal with that. It's a lot harder to attract new advertisers even than to keep existing ones. Just the way it goes and part of trying to keep the bills paid...

Obviously I have to keep reminding people who say they like this website that I need their help always in giving the companies who make the website possible a chance, and to please, please mention GreatLakesBass.com when you make a purchase that isn't directly through a link from this website. Advertisers continue or renew based on the level of success they are aware of. If they aren't aware it's the same as no success.

To those of you who remember to mention GreatLakesBass.com when you deal directly with an advertiser I say thank you very much! To those of you who always start your shopping from an advertiser or affiliate link from this website first I also say thank you very much! Owning a website with a fair amount of traffic that requires daily involvement is not free (as I sometimes hear people who apparently don't run a user-content website say) and isn't lucrative unless you're huge with an extremely loyal user base and a good marketing budget.

I keep plugging away towards that goal because you have to either grow or wither. Just staying the same doesn't really work (I hear people say that too sometimes?). There's no middle ground that lasts long term realistically. It lasts awhile sometimes that way but inevitably it withers for various reasons. Since I personally know and like so many of you I'd rather not let this website sit stagnant until it withers, and I don't want to sell it. Companies are buying up websites like this lately but I don't feel like doing that to all of you.

So, it's gotta grow. Which means I need to keep figuring out how to improve loyalty and involvement. I'm working on that. Slowly of course. Because if I get client work that always has to come first. Bills to pay just like everyone else right. Really, thanks to those of you who do help out even just by being involved in posting and sharing information. That's the pillar of the website. I like seeing people help each other enjoy more fishing more often. One of the main reasons I started GreatLakesBass.com! :)

djkimmel

If anyone does want to ask about Grandt Rods please don't use this board. Use a more appropriate board that is actively read by more people just like you would with any other brand - usually the products board is a good choice. I don't expect people to visit a brand-specific board much if it is not being actively promoted by advertisers/pro staff so this board will not see much traffic if you post a question here.

I have no doubt that mikesmiph is happy to answer questions you send directly to him too because that's the kind of guy he is - thanks Mike!