Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 22, 2024, 04:29:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

OPEN BASS TOURNAMENT IN ALLEGAN COUNTY ANY INTEREST?

Started by Gbass, June 16, 2008, 11:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gbass

well i have been thinking about doing this for some time now since i moved from florida well actually while i was in florida.

i was thinking about hosting a small 30-40 boat bass  tournament nothing to big just something for maybe some local guys a know that cant realy afford to fish shorline or bbt and cant realy drive 2 hours for a tournament maybe on like a sunday in july sometime.I was thinking team tournament $75 boat entry that would be like $37 entry per person thats not as bad as some of the $150 per boat and then club cost etc.

anyway i am not sure if there is any regulations i have by or if there is certains papers i may have to file to hold a one day open tournament? i know in florida i dont realy have to do anything except get the tournament.

of course there is equipment i need i have a weigh in scale digital one just as nice as the one shoreline uses.I would need a few more weigh in bags i have 3 black ones already i think 6 or 7 would work fine for a small tournament. heck shoreline only has 10 and they just share. i would need rules and weigh in papers and waver papers to sign off incase of an accident on the water etc.

so if there is any interest please feel free to shoot me a private message or please post a reply. i would have someone to do the weigh in and i would assist because i would like to fish myself.The guys in shoreline fish and then they weigh in i think everyone is honest in this game so i wouldnt have to worry about the cheating.

this would be a 8 hour tournament like 6:30 am take off and a 2:30 weigh in time and maybe even a 730 to 330  but i think most of you would prefer a early start to get that morning bite and its plenty daylight by 6:30.

now my next question would have to be witch lake i mean there is several around that can hold 30-35 boats.maybe lake allegan and the river,gun lake, i dont know if hutchins would hold 35 boats on the lauching area but it might.

i would like some input on this please! if there is any interest on this site at all.I dont know if any of you folks are from even around allegan county area.I would try and pay back as far as possable depending on the amount of boats,and i would also try and get a few local fishing supplys stores to help a bit for a gift certicate or 2 or maybe some baits,or rods,etc.

i can think of a few i have became good friends with that would throw in a few items.

if we had 35 boats i could go back to 10th for money then back to like 18th for product giveaways! and i think thats a good  precentige getting prizes thats almost half the boats walk away with something.

anyway guys if i can get some input i will get the ball rolling i will of course do this on a weekend when there is no major circuit tournament going on because we fish shoreline and some bbt so i cant do back to back tournaments like that and have to set this one up. I would like to have it on a sunday thatway maybe if your a hardcore angler and live near allegan you can fish a saturday tournament and then this one on sunday?\

I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INPUT on  anything from a tournament name,to lake,time date.any any legal info i may need for this.
i will also be looking for someone to help promote and organize this with me as well as help creating flyers and everything else.

i would like this to happen within about a month and a half so please guys feel free to give me input i dont care if you tell me i am a assclown it will never happen or if its good solid input anything!!!

thanks guys and i will make this happen so lets get this rolling.

Gbass

no interest huh? :'(

well ill make some calls tommorow to see if i can spread the worth by mouth i think i can get 8 boats probably it would be nice to get atleast 20 boats ahead of time so i knew forsure.

anyways guys if you have any other suggestions on lake choices around allegan county aread  i would much appreciate it.

i took a ride to a few lakes tonight to check out the launching area and a few of them would be a tight fit for 30 boats.

Cy

G,

I am interested.  I'm interested in fishing it, I would be interested in helping you get it off the ground.  I do believe that is will be tough to get a new tournament off the ground.

I would pick a date that doesn't interfere with Shoreline or BBT.  I think a state permit is required to run a tournament from a public launch.  But that will need to verified.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dnr/fishing-tourn-info_229755_7.pdf

I think the biggest issue you need to deal with isn't the size of the lake but the size of the launch and # of parking spaces.

Checks this link out for ramp size.  http://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/mrbis/lakesearch.asp

You can also email me @ cfruel@ameritech.net.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

tazdevil

I would be interested.Please send me details if you get it going.Thanks

thedude

30-40 boats is gonna be tough! there's a ton of tournaments all over the place and getting one off the ground can be difficult. My best advice is to pay out 100% and fish a lake people like. (paw paw in your area maybe).
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods