Main Menu

Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 13, 2024, 03:21:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Past years results

Started by soccerbassman4, March 24, 2009, 01:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soccerbassman4

I was wondering if anyone in the NBAA could tell me if there is a way to view old results from divisions or lakes say from 2008 or 2007. I would appreciate it thanks.

LGMOUTH

The best person to ask is GENIE, since he is the one that wrote and takes care of that program for NBAA. Just send him a PM and Im sure he will get you the answer......
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

TCook

You mean to tell me NBAA does not have archives on there site? That cant be true I have never been to a trails site in which you cant view all the past results. You never know though I fished one NBAA event two years ago and it took a loooooooong time to get the results up, I was not impressed.
FISH HARD!!!

LGMOUTH

Quote from: TCook on March 24, 2009, 08:43:02 PM
You mean to tell me NBAA does not have archives on there site? That cant be true I have never been to a trails site in which you cant view all the past results. You never know though I fished one NBAA event two years ago and it took a loooooooong time to get the results up, I was not impressed.

What I was saying was that I didnt know and Genie would. I can imagine that with around 1000 tournaments a year that would take up alot of memory on a server if every year was left up on it. Not saying it isnt because I dont know. As far as results taking a while to be posted there are alot of factors in that. Was it in the beginning of the year? When everyone signs up for a membership at the first tournament it could take three weeks or so to get all of the members in the system for the director to post the results. Directors can not put new members in, the membership forms have to be mailed into NBAA and they add them to the sytem. If it was later in the year and you were a member already in the system then it was up to that director to put it in in a timely manner not NBAA. I am a director and I will do everything I can to get the results in within a day or two of the event, if someone signes up for a membership the day of the tournament it will throw off the results until that member is put into the system and can be added to the results. If everyone would sign up before season starts this would never be an issue. That will probably never happen so we just have to be patient and understand the process.
Hope this helps alitte bit on how the results are posted on the website.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

cr

OR....The NBAA could come up with a better system. They know this problem exists , maybe they should address it . Last year one member wasn't in the system for 5 or 6 weeks and when they did show up they where in first place in the DIV. Kind of frustrating .

TCook

I agree with CR, there was a long discussion a couple years ago on this site shortly after the spring Hardy Dam tournament. The same reasons were given that LGMOUTH said back then. I understand what he is saying but it seems that NBAA keeps a large portion of the entry fees along with the membership fees. If this is true one would think they would spend the $ on a more timley system to update results. This is kind of important to the fisherman to know where they stand in the division. This was one of the factors that caused me and my partner to drop this circuit and did not fish another NBAA event since. If it is so difficult to update new members why not atleast send the results out in the mail right after each tournament like BBT does? Also having archives on the site would alow anyone to see what is normal to win, cash a check, or how many points it takes to advance when deciding if they want to fish that division.
FISH HARD!!!

squid

Quote from: TCook on March 25, 2009, 01:33:38 PM
I agree with CR, there was a long discussion a couple years ago on this site shortly after the spring Hardy Dam tournament. The same reasons were given that LGMOUTH said back then. I understand what he is saying but it seems that NBAA keeps a large portion of the entry fees along with the membership fees. If this is true one would think they would spend the $ on a more timley system to update results. This is kind of important to the fisherman to know where they stand in the division. This was one of the factors that caused me and my partner to drop this circuit and did not fish another NBAA event since. If it is so difficult to update new members why not atleast send the results out in the mail right after each tournament like BBT does? Also having archives on the site would alow anyone to see what is normal to win, cash a check, or how many points it takes to advance when deciding if they want to fish that division.

See, some of us do make a paper file of the weeks events for people that want to wait to sign up.  Those that fish in my division get their results updated every week on paper.  But when people can't commit to sign ups until their first event, they do not understand how much that frustrates anglers like yourself.  Also, the director has got to be on it the very next day, if he has a day job, and no longer than 2.  So, you can see that it lies with both the anglers(getting signed up EARLY) and the directors(getting the results in a timely manner)  The first part is what screws it up every time.

cr

I'm not bashing the NBAA, but how can the results be posted and not have a member updated ? Does the NBAA wait until the money is actually in their bank account before they update the member ? Please explain how this works ? OH , and I am signed up already, but to blame this on the members for signing up at a event is not right in my opinion . Should be happy that they sign up no matter when.

LGMOUTH

Quote from: CR on March 25, 2009, 06:10:28 PM
I'm not bashing the NBAA, but how can the results be posted and not have a member updated ? Does the NBAA wait until the money is actually in their bank account before they update the member ? Please explain how this works ? OH , and I am signed up already, but to blame this on the members for signing up at a event is not right in my opinion . Should be happy that they sign up no matter when.

Not taking it that way CR at all, and were not blaming the guys that sign up at the first tournament we are just giving the reason for the delay. In my opinion the delay isnt that big of a deal, everyone knows where they finished the first few weeks so it shouldnt matter.

Here is the deal, Opening week there is (just throwing out a number Im not sure) we'll say 60 tournaments with 10 boats at each (numbers are probably low) that would be 600 boats with 1200 anglers. Lets say 80% sign up at the ramp. That would be around 1000 members. OK this is how it works. All of the memberships are sent to NBAA from the directors by snail mail, so they get it two or three days after the tournament, Then NBAA sits down and adds them to the results page on the website, name, address, phone number, boat,motor, angler of the year products, family members with the same information. As you can imagine it takes about 7 minutes to put in one member now multiply that by 1000. Some one has to be last and wont get put in for weeks. They put in members as they are received so probably if you are in a tournment on Opening day then you will be put in way before someone signing up on a Thursday.
Now when the director goes to put in the results they bring up both members and makes a team then adds them to the tournament. If one member isnt in the system than that team cant be added and will throw off the whole thing. Most but not all directors will do as much as they can (the results wont be correct) and finish them when the members are added.

Hopefully this will show you why you should sign up early and why you should be patient on the results. This is a long process at the beginning of the year and adding 1 to 2 thousand members in the first few weeks will take quite a long time. I personally think that the results page for NBAA is one of the best in the industry. It keeps track of not only the results of one tournament but also keeps track of everyones points for angler of the year products, top teams by state, you can look up tournaments by lakes, by dates, by day.

Like I said I am not blaming anyone for signing up at thier first event, just giving you the reason for the delay.

Fishmael

I am guessing that the fishermen have to be entered into the system as members before results can be posted for their names.  It makes sense that you can't post someone as a finisher if they are not in the system.  It isn't like they are posting an Excel file or something...By they way, shouldn't you know how you did in the tourney?  You either placed or you didn't.  If not, I am guessing you can probably wait until they are posted.  Since you didn't like the process, you don't fish them anymore.  So why keep complaining about it?  I'm just being straightforward, not trying push anyones' buttons.

cr

LGMOUTH..... thank-you it makes a little more sense now, but just trying to give some input to help improve the situation. There seems to be room for improvement, I know that the directors are doing a good job and don't want to put more work on them, but how about a Pay-pal account that the director could credit the new members accounts instantly and the results could be posted correctly the first time? The other stuff could be done at a later date.
Fishmael...Yes we can tell how we did in a T....but does my 1st,3rd, and say a skunk beat your two seconds and a skunk? And when you fish three overtimes and two weekends, plus the clubs.....it kinda blends together at least for a old burn-out like me.....
I like the NBAA and will fish them no matter how its done, but half the fun is beating your friends and checking out the results,  IMO

Fishmael

I hear you.  There is probably a happy medium somewhere.  I think it is probably goes back to those entering the results and members have regular jobs and families and time is always short.  But, I get your point.  I have seen that the results are slow until about midway through the season and then they are a lot more timely, probably because of the membership thing.  I believe you can check with the director at the start of each tourney.  I know the Lgmouth always has his current standings updated.

soccerbassman4

Results for the 2008 season were up until about 2 weeks ago, with the new additions they made getting all the ads out for the 2009 angler of the year they got rid of last years results. This turned out discouraging for me I only fished one division last year to try out the NBAA and I liked what I seen. I went in to try and see what other divisions could be competitive and would have larger turnouts since thats how points are awarded. My divisions had 30 boats a night but I heard others were smaller is this the case?

Savage

If all of this has been a problem in the past, it is not likely to change dramatically so just grin and bear it or avoid it.  Or better yet become a TD and change it all from within!

Just my opinion, pot stirring guy that I am ;D (stir stir stir)

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

cr

Quote from: soccerbassman4 on March 25, 2009, 10:27:23 PM
Results for the 2008 season were up until about 2 weeks ago, with the new additions they made getting all the ads out for the 2009 angler of the year they got rid of last years results. This turned out discouraging for me I only fished one division last year to try out the NBAA and I liked what I seen. I went in to try and see what other divisions could be competitive and would have larger turnouts since thats how points are awarded. My divisions had 30 boats a night but I heard others were smaller is this the case?
Yes . 51 averaged 8, I think, and there's many more that are in between those two numbers. Some Divisions try and get the 30 boat number so the Skeeter/Nitro/Champion? monies apply. But some people like the smaller numbers,less hassle's launching and what-not. That's one of the many good thing's about the NBAA, something for everybody

LGMOUTH

Quote from: CR on March 25, 2009, 10:06:21 PM
LGMOUTH..... thank-you it makes a little more sense now, but just trying to give some input to help improve the situation. There seems to be room for improvement, I know that the directors are doing a good job and don't want to put more work on them, but how about a Pay-pal account that the director could credit the new members accounts instantly and the results could be posted correctly the first time?

Yep there is always room for improvement, If someone can come up with an idea of how to get the flood of 2000+ memberships in the system in a timely manner Im sure Genie would be very thankful. No one is saying the system is perfect but no one can deny that the system works fantastic once all the members are in.

LGMOUTH

Quote from: Fishmael on March 25, 2009, 10:24:10 PM
I know the Lgmouth always has his current standings updated.

Ive got to give credit where credit is due. My wife puts in all of my results, not that I can't its just that she does it much better. ;D

MadWags

Online entry that approves your payment and enters all needed information into the system would save alot of time for the NBAA and make it convienent for the many anglers that would use it.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Fishmael

I am sure there are a number of us technologically savy members that would volunteer to help enter the information into the system.  However, that probably wouldn't work if it cannot be done remotely, unless the information could be entered in a spreadsheet or database and somehow uploaded.  Then several people could enter the info, send in the file, have it all uploaded into the system and voila, it's all in in a timely manner.  Just a thought...