Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 23, 2024, 01:56:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Lowrance Side Image add-on

Started by LAPORTE, November 23, 2009, 09:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAPORTE

In a e-mail I asked when the SI add-on would hit the market for Lowrance. Here was the response I just got... 

Date: November 23, 2009 8:06:59 AM EST
To: Don LaPorte <dlaport1@ford.com>
Subject: RE: Side Imaging ????

It has already shipping to the dealers. It is called Structure Scan ,
part number is #132-06

Linda Colt
Customer Walk in Service Department
12000 East Skelly Drive
Tulsa Oklahoma 74128
1-800-324-1356 ext 8747
Direct Line  918-438-8747
Linda.colt@navico.com
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

River Rat

Just in time for winter storage!  I'm kinda disappointed that I was told to expect a price tag of $250 for the add-on and it's more than double not to mention the fact that I (and many others) waited all dang season for this product.  The HDS is a very nice unit and I do like mine but am going to take the winter to decide if they are with staying with or moving over to Hummingbird.  I know how many minutes I sat on hold and even had their phone system hang-up on me after sitting for 42 mins (yes I was mad and checked my call log) trying to talk to customer "support", with this new feature how good is the support system actually gonna be?!

Sorry all for the tirade on what should be "good news" but I'm just not happy with them at all.

Thanks for the info, Don.  Looks like an ugly weather day again this Friday, not too sure about the Reef Run... hope you have a good Thanksgiving if I don't talk to you first!

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

McCarter

If you do switch to humminbird, you will not be disappointed.  Plus, while Lowrance is just now getting SI, humminbird is ready to release more new technology.  The new down imaging will also revolutionize the fish finding world.  and the best part......its free!  all you have to do is go to there website and download the upgrade to an SD card and load into your 'bird.

McCarter himself :-\'

Lightningboy

I waited for the Lowrance for a couple of reasons.  I don't like the look of Humminbird down sonar; maybe I'm just not used to it, but the Lowrance is "easier" for me to read.

2nd, I wanted Lowrancenet.  You've got a backbone cable with T fittings to network everything, including actuators for boat/motor functions.  I've got Bennet trim tabs, they make an actuator that will display my tab position on screen.  Many more for fluid levels, fuel flow, direct engine readouts, etc.

I've had varying results with Lowrance tech help.  Several years back I'll be darned if I could get a human on the line.  Recently had a glitch, and got right through to the help line; not a minute on hold.

I'm curious how to mount the new structure scan transducer.  Anybody seen any mounts yet?  It looks like it would attach to the bottom of the hull, but I'd like to run it off the jackplate.

BTW- only lowlife weasels like McCarter use the bird... ;D

REEL_MAN

What do you mean winter storage, go south!  I am switching over from Lowrance to HB this winter. The SI feature is fantastic (now with the center read feature) and you won't have any regrets. The only reason I've stayed with Lowrance is the service I have Received from Linda Colt, she is the greatest asset Lowrance has. If you decide to stay with Lowrance keep her phone number on hand (you WILL need it) call her direct. 918/438-8747

Reelman
<))))>{

BryanP

lighteningbolt, HB now has a color pallette that looks identical to the Lowrance colors along with the Switchfire Sonar option so there should be no difference in 2D now.

Joby @ Humminbird

Here is a shot of the New Humminbird Down Imaging and the New Color Palette.

LAPORTE

2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Bender

Dear Joby,
Please release the update now!  ;D I took what I thought was my last trip of the year the other day to Champlain but I will get the boat back out if I can play with that. The lakes will be frozen up here in January.
Thanks!

Back on topic I think it is good that Lowrance is releasing this, might help competition and keep pushing advancements further. I never had any software problems with Lowrance, but had to return many units for various hardware problems. It sucks when the GPS dies in the middle of Saint Clair.
I just did a quick look for the Structure Scan box and it seems to be $5-600. Pretty expensive add-on. HDS5 w/ maps - $749 + $599 for LSS =
~$1,350. Go up to an HDS8 and the total is ~$2,450. The HB 997 is $1,500 + $100 for map chip = $1,600. The 998 can be found online for $900.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

BryanP

Bender, you mean the 798 is $900.

The 998 isn't available yet.  It's the replacement for the 997 and it is scheduled to be available in early January.  Biggest difference between the 997 and 998 is a faster processor and the addition of an ethernet port for future expandability.

There will be 4 Side Imaging units from Humminbird this year:

1197  10.4" screen  $2800
998  8" screen  $2000
898  7"Screen  $1500
798  5" Screen  $1000

Also for 2010, all 700, 800, 900, and 1100 series units will be Lakemaster compatable.

djkimmel

That picture is amazing! I have to increase my fishing savings account...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.