Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-07-11, 08:07:55
220+  boats in the Bassmaster Open on St. Clair!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 21, 2024, 05:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

New guy camped on fifth lake

Started by Lucas, August 30, 2010, 11:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas

New guy here wondering if anyone here has fished any of the 6 lakes before? I camp at Natures Chain of Lakes Campground and Ih ave been there since It opened in 98 or 99. I am 16 and have been fishing since I could hold a rod, bass fishing since 10. I seem to find that topwaters, senkos and grub jigs work best for me, never had much luck with diving caknbaits or spinners unless I WANTED to catch snapping trutles ::). well, enough from me, move this topic if it needs to be, I'm to tired to think. I'll do a more complete post tommarow

Bender

Welcome to the site. A guy I was working with this summer in Big Rapids fished a local tournament on Fifth Lake this year and said that they caught a lot of fish but they were all fairly small. It should be a good lake for fun fishing though if there is a lot of action.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Eric

Lucas, I live just a few minutes northwest of Six Lakes.  I have fished a few tournaments there over the years.  The docks near the ramp in first lake have been good to me.  As have the weed edges in most of first lake.  Sometimes they'll hand around the vertical posts under the gas docks in first lake, and check the couple of big laydown poles by the dock, too.  As for second lake, the weeds on either side of teh channel from first lake offer good topwater in low light times, and deeper on the weed edges otherwise.  I like all of the docks on the south side of second lake.  The gas dock on the north side is similar to the one in first lake, but usually better, less weeds around it.  When you leave second lake, heading into third, turn left and start fishing.  There is a nice little drop right against the back with scattered lilies and other weeds down to teh corner.  Down in the north end, there is scatttered cabbage, that usually holds fish.  As does the weed edge down the east side of the north.  So does the weed edge on the west side south of the channel to second lake.  I don't go to fourth or fifth lake much and I can't even remember much about them.  Good luck.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Eric

Quote from: Bender on August 31, 2010, 12:05:28 AM
A guy I was working with this summer in Big Rapids fished a local tournament on Fifth Lake this year and said that they caught a lot of fish but they were all fairly small.

Who was that, Chris?
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Bender

Eric, just one of the guys who lives up near Reed City. He doesn't usually fish tournaments but he said there were 20 some boats out there. I think it was in June sometime.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

Lucas

I find with fifth lake the island and northeast side of the lake are usually the best. The docks are great for wacky worming and top waters like jitterbug and scumfrog's popper and bigfoot frogs. basically anything that makes a lot of noise. cranks just clog with weeds as do jiggs and spinners. I've been told the lake can be a good pike lake if you fish the east side by the campground as there is a very deep hole there but I've neve tried it.

dominater

I grew up camping at Pleasure Point on 4th Lake.  My disclaimer is that I haven't been there in a few years so I don't know if the perimeter is still choked with weeds.  If it is, my advice for time of year is to try two baits.  Start in the morning throwing a frog over the mats and as the sun comes up, start pitching a black and blue jig in the holes.